Sahabat Ikhtiar Retort Sdn Bhd
In line with the latest technological advances, Koop Sahabat also owns a food packaging factory business known as Sahabat Ikhtiar Retort Sdn Bhd. The company is located at the Senawang industrial area, Negeri Sembilan which has operated since October 2014 with an expenditure of RM1.85 Million.
SIRSB is a manufacturer of food products using retort technology. In other words, food is packaged in retort pouch bags through the sterilization process. This technology guarantees the food product can have a shelf life of up to 2 years from the date it is packaged.The retort technology is also the safest food packaging technology used around the world today. In addition, SIRSB has obtained Halal and HACCP certificates and has a Research & Development (R&D) department and mini-laboratory facilities in place for new product development.
On top of that, Koop Sahabat offers business opportunities for existing product distribution. Our services include product rebranding, retort packaging, and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
GMP Certified Factory
HALAL, HACCP, MUST
Competitive & Quality
What is Retort Technology
- This is the lastest food packaging technology that allows food to be packaged into a retort pouch to ensure the quality and freshness of food products
- The food that has been prepared is put into a specially-designed retort pouch and then this retort pouch is sealed and sterilized using a uniquely customized machine abroad. The final products are of high quality, increasing shelf life, and thus reducing food waste. The shelf life of the food product with retort packaging is up to 2 years because there is no contamination after it is sterilized.
- With food retort technology, it is not necessary to use preservatives that are harmful to the human body
Advantages of Retort Technology
- High-quality Food
Thin packaging allows more efficient heat penetration than cans.
- Long ShelfLife
Sterilization destroys the bacteria and spores responsible for food poisoning, making food safe to eat. It makes the food product last for up to two (2) years.
- Convenient Packaging
Food products can be stored at room temperature. However, once opened, it should be stored in the refrigerator. The package can also be easily removed or disposed of after use.
The preparation of the food product is simple. Ready-to-Eat (RTE) food products only need to be heated in the oven for 1-2 minutes before consumption. No more cooking is necessary and it saves you a lot of time.
- Meal, Ready-To-Eat (MRE) &Paste Products
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
- Product Research & Development (R&D)
Another great addition of Koop Sahabat business is the production of cosmetics with its branding. The involvement in the cosmetics industry is one of Koop Sahabat’s portfolio enhancements through retailing.
Koop Sahabat produces cosmetic products with its own brand known as Duta Beautee. The brand has penetrated the market in line with the latest market trend with color options suitable for all ages.
Our marketed cosmetic products are: -
- Eyeshadow with 8 color options
- Lipstick with 10 color options
- 2-way cake foundation powder
- Full coverage foundation
Import & Export Business of Food Products “Halalan Toyyiban” Chicken and Meat Cuts
Koop Sahabat took the initiative by venturing into the import & export business to expand the existing portfolio while increasing the Group’s income. This in turn providing lucrative returns to Koop Sahabat’s members as well.
This initiative is in line with the reported increasing demand at an average rate of 8.17% for imported meat cuts and 13% for imported chicken cuts in Malaysia.
Wholesale and retail projects are Koop Sahabat’s efforts in exploring high-impact business opportunities. This business has been identified as having the potential to expand to the global market with Koop Sahabat’s branding and as the country’s major exporter.